Sunday, June 24, 2007

黑或白

Recently I’ve noticed that I want things to be either "Black" or "White". "Grey" seem to be often eliminated from the equation. It’s either "right" or "wrong"; you either "agree" or "disagree" and "need" or "don't need".

But with more things that I see, and as I learn and grow, the more difficult it is to draw the line between black & white... appropriate or inappropriate... ying & yang? Sure, I know what society deems to be right or wrong, black v.s. white... but the boundary for which I draw for myself has gradually become hazy, and far fetched. Reminds me of when we used to jog around mission bay and you see a point that seem so close, but as you run along the winding roads… it is much further than we had anticipated.

So close, yet so far away – just like the line between black and white, as much as we’d prefer it to be, it is never quite as clear as grey.

No comments: